No matter what language we speak, we all have feelings.
As an English User, by now you probably know the more common ones. Especially, since instant messaging programs represent so many of them with a smiley.
But what about all the other feelings?
Well, the purpose of this post is to talk about how to express some of them.
Cranky: A bit angry or in a bad mood.
Self-conscious: Uncomfortable with one's self in public.
Listless: No energy and/or no feelings.
Agreeable: Pleased or comfortable.
Ecstatic: Very very happy.
Pissed Off: A more common (but honest) way to say you are angry at someone / something
Restless: Anxiously anticipating something (good or bad) and can't wait.
Let's check out some examples:
1. Mr. Woods is often cranky in the morning.
2. I get self-conscious when I get on stage.
3. After the accident, she felt listless for months.
4. After being denied a promotion at work, Bob was not feeling agreeable with his job.
5. When Walter heard the news of the prize, he became ecstatic.
6. Homer got pissed off at his cable company for interrupting his service for an hour.
7. I had a restless night and couldn't get any sleep.
By the way, try thinking of your own examples for these words.
And last but not least, since traditional smileys are so much fun, we now invite you to watch them sing and rap in the following commercial video. Enjoy!