Monday, February 22, 2010

Coming home in style... sort of













PLS ENGLISH USERS HOST PAUL POSTED A LETTER.
READ IT AND CHECK THE VOCABULARY AT THE END:

Dear English Users,

My vacation has come to an end. Today, I'm coming home to my favorite roadside stop on the web.

And you'll never believe it! The boss was really cool and sent the company jet to get me. But that's the good news.

The bad news is the pilot drank the water over here. He got really sick. Now, he'll have to stay a few days to recover.

So guess who has to fly himself home? But I look at it this way. If I can teach future perfect continuous (passive) to false beginners, I can fly a LearJet.

Just in case, wish me luck.

Warm Regards,
Paul

----------------------
TARGET VOCUBULARY

sort of: an idiomatic expression at the end of statement indicating uncertainty
host: the person who conducts an activity or show
to come to an end: to finish
you'll never believe it: you will be surprised
to be cool: to have an attitude and style that people really like
to get me (someone): to transport me (someone)
over here: in this place
get sick: to become ill
recover: to return to good health
future perfect continuous: a difficult verb tense
just in case: in the unlikely event that something happens...
luck: good fortune

No comments:

Post a Comment